Make-to-order manufacturers' offer specialized manufacturing services. Orders may be unique but there can also be similarities in the steps taken to manufacture or assemble a product, this may not be known until a customer's order is received. Also, the item may not be a one time make, it could also be a repeat order at a later date. INDUSTRIOS addresses the key issues in this environment:
Consider the following key areas and issues:
- Customer Management – need easy access to all quotes, emails, and specification documents during quoting process, and visibility to in process jobs for status updates.
- Inventory - final assemblies and finished components are generally not held in stock; sub assemblies and raw materials may be held in stock
- Quoting and Sales - need to easily capture requirements including drawing numbers, CAD BOM; create item number placeholders: ability to quote quickly providing accurate cost, price and delivery dates; ease of converting won quotes to sales order and production jobs; access to historical job costing for future quoting; managing the customer relationship
- Planning and Purchasing - planning driven by sales order for final assembly; purchase materials and processes to the job; visibility to supply and demand; creating plans for repeat orders
- Production - jobs linked to sales order; manage work in process; visibility to job cost estimate and actual with supporting detail; managing internal and external changes; visibility to material availability; manage job changes on the fly
- Shop Floor Tracking – need timely job information for customer status updates and milestone billing
- Scheduling - visibility to schedule; comparison of scenarios; ability to use alternative routings.
- Invoicing – need ability to accept deposits and perform milestone billing
Our team can guide you through the process of capturing quoting requirements, planning your inventory to meet your requirements, manage inventory and job specific purchasing processes and the production lifecycle to ensure the MTO goods are manufactured on time and on budget.
|Leone Fence Co. Ltd.|
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
|"With INDUSTRIOS inventory control we've been able to increase our customer satisfaction 40% by having the right inventory at the right time."|