The Application Consultant is responsible for the delivery of services as outlined in the engagement. The nature of the services include: Training, Workflow Definition and Piloting, Documentation and Project Support.
There are three key functional responsibilities associated with this position: Project Management, Conducting Training and Piloting Sessions and Project Support.
Project Management responsibilities will include management of the scope of assigned tasks on the project plan, communication of progress of tasks and management of budget assigned for the activity. General administration duties will include the normal collection of information for services billing, documentation as required for on-site engagements and update of customer account details.
Delivery of training and piloting sessions requires the consultant to be able to apply system and business concepts to the customer’s environment, utilized standard materials to provide a consistent level of service and in-depth knowledge of the module/feature set included in the training agenda.
The consultant must be capable of preparing documentation to support interim project documents such as site assessments, interim status updates and closing reports, training/piloting scripts and end user work instructions according to company guidelines.
At the end of each engagement the consultant may be required to provide Post-Project Support to customers. The nature of the activities include: addressing procedural questions, confirming instructions, providing a liaison with technical support.
Reporting Relationships and Key Interfaces:
The Application Consultant will report directly to the Vice President Professional Services and interface directly with other members of the service team, technical support and customers
TRAINING AND CONSULTING SERVICES
- Provide training and consulting services to customers as defined in the scope of the engagement. The nature of the services include:
- End user training. This type of training focuses typically on one user at a time and based on a specific topic or module.
- Classroom style training. This type of training is more general in nature (i.e. not focused on an individual user) and will involve more than one participant in the class.
- Providing guidance on how to use the application in the customer’s environment. This will include discussions on configuration, security and processing procedures.
- Assistance with gathering information to support the design and development of custom reports
- Assistance with preparing for live conversion including development of end user work instructions, data preparation and data verification
- Application support during “go live” week. This involves assisting users with processing transactions and reports in the live environment
- Provide project coordination services to support the team in fulfilling service engagements. The nature of the activities include:
- Prepare project binders, project directories, customer questionnaires. Determine the appropriate version of documentation / questionnaires used for each customer.
- Contact customers at the start of a project to assist them with project questionnaires. Validate documents upon completion, identify any issues/concerns and present results to the Project Manager.
- Set up fulfillment requests for software delivery as appropriate for each project and coordinate with the Technical Consultant assigned to the project.
- Assist the Project Manager with monitoring of project status and activities, escalation of issues, prepare milestone status documents as needed during the project.
- Monitor service tickets before and after live conversion.
- Assist Project Manager with the preparation for the closing meeting and the transition of the account to the Technical Support team.
- Provide support to customers during transition period between professional services and technical support.
- Ensure all support calls are documented according to support policies.
- Follow support procedures to escalate calls when required to the appropriate resources to ensure that the call is resolved appropriately and within the shortest amount of time.
- Ensure cause and resolution for the call is documented according to support policies.
- Ensure support provided is within the maintenance and support agreement and be able to identify and communicate issues that should be resolved by the professional service team as a billable service.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The position requires a university degree, related certifications or equivalent work experience. Equivalent experience would require three to five years in a comparable role.
Problems are diverse in scope and difficulty and require the use of judgment to analyze situations or data to review identifiable factors within framework of generally defined procedures and practices. The Application Consultant selects methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. They must also work on many tasks at the same time, across many customers. The Application Consultant receives no instructions on routine assignments and general instructions on new assignments. Requires travel to client sites to deliver project services.
- Strong communication/presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Intermediate knowledge of business processes and practices used by distributors, discrete manufacturers.
- Organization and time management skills. Able to work within project timelines with limited supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and customer staff to complete assigned project activities.
- Able to use Microsoft office suite of products to support project management activities (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Product knowledge sufficient to deliver and provide training implementation.
- Able to travel as project plan dictates including trips to the United States.