The Quality Analyst (Level 1) is responsible to verify the function of the software based on a defined test script and document findings to support follow up issues with development and release notes. The nature of the activities includes: Preparation of Test Data, Creation of Test Scripts, Testing and Documentation.
Preparation of test data will include the creation of various master files, supporting tables and transactions necessary to support the functionality being tested/verified.
Test scripts are required to ensure completeness of the verification and clear definition of expectation and standards to be followed. The scripts also support communication back to development to highlight specific scenarios not meeting expectations.
The testing process involves verification of Add/Modify/Delete functions, navigation, data output and updates to various tables and databases.
Documentation of the service ticket supports the following functional areas: Development, Technical Support, Documentation and Professional Services. The documentation supporting the ticket must clearly define the problem, the nature of the tests performed, results and how to use scripts as appropriate.
Reporting Relationships and Key Interfaces:
The Quality Analyst will report directly to the Manager Quality and Document Control and interface directly with other members of the service team, technical support and development.
PREPARATION OF TEST DATA
- Update and maintain sample data set used to support sample product group, product demonstrations and basis for test environments.
- Develop test specific data set to support test script requirements.
- Update documentation used to support sample data set.
TEST SCRIPTS AND TESTING
- Review, update and complete tickets as per procedures.
- Prepare test scripts to support testing of software fixes or new features.
- Record test findings and update ticket as per procedures.
- Prepare documentation to support technical support, documentation and knowledge base as per procedures.
- Manage assigned tickets and ensure review completed by assigned due dates.
- All tickets will be reviewed by a senior member of the team to verify compliance and findings. (Level 1 requirement).
- Update tickets with documentation sufficient to support release notes and user manual updates as required.
- Perform documentation review as assigned to confirm completeness and verify against software features.
- Assist with the development of knowledgebase for technical support and "The More you Know" video library.
- Assist with verification of support issues as requested by Technical Support department.
- Document all findings as per procedures and practices for support tickets.
- Assist support team with various data analysis and updates as required through support tickets or service engagements.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The position requires a university degree, related certifications or equivalent work experience. Equivalent experience would require one to three years in a comparable role.
Problems are simple to moderate in scope and difficulty and require guidelines in addition to the use of judgment to analyze situations or data to review identifiable factors within framework of generally defined procedures and practices. The Quality Analyst (Level 1) works with senior members of the team to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. The analyst will receive initial instruction on routine assignments and more detailed instruction on new assignments. Peer review will be conducted on assignments for Level 1.
- Strong communication/presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Basic knowledge of business processes and practices used by distributors, discrete manufacturers.
- Organization and time management skills. Able to work within assignment timelines with limited supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to complete assigned activities.
- Able to use Microsoft office suite of products to support tasks and activities (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Introductory level knowledge of Crystal Reports and Bartender.
- Intermediate knowledge of tools to support data analysis (i.e. MS Excel Query)
- Product knowledge sufficient to create test plans and related data sets.