The Senior Applications Developer is required to lead, work as part of a team, or independently to create software programs which will become part of the product suite that IndustriOS sells or will be used independently by specific customers.
- Detailed planning and synchronization of the various development and QA projects being executed at any given time, to help insure the highest quality, highest throughput, and highest revenue/cash flow.
- Insure project schedules are being met appropriately. Communicate any anticipated schedule slippages to all involved. Work with all involved to correct/adjust delivery problems on a timely basis.
- Recommend, develop and enforce appropriate practices for source code and build control to insure all changes made to any application are logged and effectively communicated to the rest of the team.
- Coaching of other staff and team members on development methodologies to be used in applications development projects.
- Under little to no supervision the Senior Applications Developer must be able to: design, code, and provide system documentation for business applications written for the IndustriOS product line of Manufacturing Systems or as custom utilities sold to individual customers.
- Input to the applications development process can range from a 1 paragraph ‘specification of requirements’ to a completely prototyped system. Individual must be able to work with minimum supervision, and also be capable of researching answers to questions not necessarily clear from the onset of a project.
- Create prototype features/functions as may be required from time-to-time for sales/marketing purposes.
- Provide front line technical support to customers whom have purchased custom utilities that the individual has written.
- Provide back line technical support to Technical Support department for standard applications sold with the IndustriOS brand.
- Provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Communicate customer issues to Manager and Technical Support department.
- Record all technical support calls from customers/business partners in call log, keeping status up-to-date as required.
- Develop, deliver and maintain training materials for custom projects.
- Develop and execute test requirements. Assist in the testing of new features/releases developed by other team members.
- Maintain personal calendar documenting time spent on customer accounts for custom projects.
- Update main service calendar with results of specific custom projects.
- Prepare customer service reports, as required.
Education required: Requires a University degree or equivalent.
Experience required: 5+ years experience.
Problems are diverse in scope and difficulty and require the use of judgement to analyze situations or data to review identifiable factors within framework of generally defined procedures and practices. Selects methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Must work on many tasks at the same time, across many customers. Receives no instructions on routine assignments and general instructions on new assignments.
Software Skills required:
- In depth knowledge of UniPaaS 1.5 development and deployment
- In depth knowledge of Crystal Report Writer.
- In depth knowledge of Visual Studio and C#
- In depth knowledge of Pervasive and Microsoft SQL database products including ability to create queries using SQL.
- In depth knowledge of IndustriOS products.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel used for data analysis, and application problem solving.
- Strong communications skills.
- Organization and time management skills. Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time is mandatory.
$75,000 - $85,000/yr, 40 hrs per weekApply Now